Postsecondary Planning for Juniors
- Record financial eligibility for NYS Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) for 11th grade student.
- Support all 11th grade students to complete a Postsecondary Plan.
- Document the colleges, certificate programs, and workforce readiness programs to which 11th grade students plan to apply
Why do this SDC?
The spring of junior year is an appropriate time for students to reflect on and articulate their postsecondary plans and goals, as counselors will be able to provide guidance and suggest changes before a student starts any applications. Recording these goals includes drafting a list of colleges and job opportunities, as well as broader aspirations, such as long-term career paths and what courses of study to pursue.
What you'll do:
- Request financial documentation from families and record EOP eligibility.
- Have students record their Postsecondary Plans.
- Have conferences with students to discuss their goals.