Initial Planning & Supports - Transfer
STRATEGIC DATA CHECK-IN
For schools that work with New Visions coaches, this SDC comprises objectives of the Graduation Planning, Regents Planning, and Attendance SDCs:
- Identify the best case graduation outcome and select a graduation date (e.g. June 2020) and diploma type (e.g. Regents) for all students.
- Plan students to sit for needed Regents exams, including resitting for College Readiness.
- Assign every student with <90% attendance to an attendance support.
Why do this SDC?
Assigning graduation plans, Regents plans, and attendance supports prior to the start of the school year allows school teams to backwards-plan key actions—such as scheduling courses, Regents prep activities, and planning attendance outreach—to give all students the best chance to graduate
What you'll do
- Set credit- and Regents-accumulation metrics to establish a standard expectation for students to graduate in 4 years.
- Assign graduation plans to all students, based on metrics.
- Create supports in the Portal and assign special populations and historically chronically absent students to them.
- Assign Regents plans to students for the January administration.