STRATEGIC DATA CHECK-IN
- Plan students to sit for needed Regents exams.
- Plan Regents exams for all students who will be resitting for College Readiness.
Why do this SDC?
Planning ahead for Regents exams includes both planning early within the term and planning forward for upcoming administrations. Planning Regents exams early ensures that schools have time to carefully consider each student’s pathways and to communicate early with students about plans. Early planning is also important to ensure schools can provide preparatory opportunities that provide students with the best chance to pass needed exams. Planning forward for upcoming administrations ensures that schools are making real the grad plan set for each student; in circumstances where students are planned to graduate in June, it is clear which exams will be attempted in which administration. Recording Regents plans in the Portal enables multiple staff in a school to weigh in during decision-making, understand plans after they are set, and be responsive in next term course planning.
What you'll do:
- Set Regents-accumulation metrics to set a standard expectation for Regents programming.
- Identify students' Regents needs, based on metrics and College Readiness
- Schedule students for exams.