Marking Period Supports
STRATEGIC DATA CHECK-IN
- All students failing one or more high priority courses are assigned to an academic support.
- All students are assigned to an Academic Point Person.
Why do this SDC?
New Visions recognizes that high levels of achievement in all courses are critical to a student’s long term success. Course prioritization helps focus a school’s resources on the highest leverage supports for each student in scenarios where it is difficult to intervene in all possible areas. Using Marking Period 1 data to identify points of intervention early in the term gives school staff time to act.
What you'll do:
- Review students with failing course marks.
- Create supports in the Portal and assign students to them.
- Assign students to Academic Point People.